Our client is a leading global investment bank.
The Portfolio Management team provides lease and transaction management support and services for both Firm Management and Business Units. Specific responsibilities include space acquisitions, disposals and supplemental agreements, lease negotiations, management of the documentation, due diligence and incentives.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for managing a full spectrum of lease activities in Greater China, Taiwan, Korea, and Australia to support the Firm’s needs and interests throughout the transaction life cycle.
The role requires a thorough understanding of transaction process and regional real estate market along with strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
The role reports to the Asia Head of Portfolio Management.
Primary Functional Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coverage of real estate activities for Greater China, Taiwan, Korea, and Australia portfolio, approx. 1M RSF over 24 buildings in 4 countries
- Ensure that all critical lease dates are identified and efficiently and effectively managed through a pipeline to maximize opportunities in the marketplace, protect security of tenure and manage risk
- Manage and execute transactions, providing support to third party Transaction Managers and coordinating with other internal service groups including Project Management, Legal and Financial Controllers as required
- Maintain oversight of all ‘business as usual’ related Real Estate activity i.e. rent reviews, rates reviews, incentives etc.
- Drive formation of the Firm’s location strategy in the responsible locations
- Manage transparent processes for selecting service providers and landlords
- Monitor real estate markets in the coverage area to identify opportunities and potential risks
- Maintain sound relationships with real estate service providers and landlords in the coverage markets
- Drive production of relevant approval documentation, including oversight of lease inputs into financial modelling
- Support Asia Head of Portfolio Management to drive departmental agenda
- Support the Lease Administration team as they manage the lease database, track and report
Cross-Functional Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with cross functional stakeholders when translating the real estate pipeline into executable transactions including Portfolio Strategy, Project Management and Financial Controllers Group
- Provide real estate input into quarterly and annual planning and budgeting exercises
- Oversee market analysis done by a third party
- Bachelor Degree
- MBA or Master Degree in Real Estate is preferred
- Minimum 10 years of corporate real estate work experiences in a global organization with a focus on Asia office and datacenter portfolio.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Excellent team, individual, and mentoring skills
- Strong collaboration skills that promote effective working across functional areas
- Exceptional organizational, follow-up and time-management skills
- Forward thinking; able to visualize and execute on ideas; strategically minded with tactical appreciation
- Thorough understanding of regional real estate markets in relation to strategy, transactions, estate management and lease administration
- Demonstrable experience in client relationship management, real estate strategy, transaction management, negotiation skills and vendor management in high paced environment
- Broad understanding of global real estate trends, best practices and vendor marketplace
- Knowledge and understanding of benchmarks, portfolio metrics and supply vs demand analyses
- Strong financial/analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to offer innovative options
- Full understanding of financial impact of real estate decisions from profit & loss, cash and NPV viewpoints
- Experience in strategic planning and project management is a plus
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org