Our client is a preeminent hospitality design firm, internationally acclaimed for captivating design, with over 70 professionals in 5 offices They create distinctive, successful hotels and resorts for clients and unforgettable experiences for their guests. They are recognized for going beyond traditional design services to partner with clients on new thinking about brands, market strategy, and more. All their senior managers are leaders, and together are expanding the client portfolio, extending geographic reach, and achieving significant growth, as well as earning a reputation for being a great place to work.
As the Director (MD-Creative), you will lead not only the creative direction the interior design practice, but also drive the overall combination of design/product strategy and client development strategy in the upscale, mid-scale, and lifestyle segments of the hospitality market sector, building brand recognition and competitive advantage that leads to unique value propositions and market position.
In addition to being responsible for the overall interior design practice, you will serve as the primary liaison to clients representing the group’s design and professional performance, and you will be a public face of the group, actively involved in marketing and business development in a seller-doer role, responsible for the overall interior design bookings and client/revenue mix. Throughout, you will work closely with the CEO and many other design and practice leaders.
Based in the London office, you will foster a culture of design excellence as you provide vision and direction for innovative and responsive designs; lead new client and project pursuits; create compelling value propositions; oversee development of service offerings and design resources; and set high standards for design and delivery of professional services to create value for our clients and our company. You will have overall responsibility for project and practice leadership roles and performance to achieve client, quality, and financial metrics. You will be a sounding board and trusted advisor, offering support, guidance and training to the leadership in multiple geographies as well as nurturing next generation talent. You will work with other practice leaders to develop strategies to build talent capacity and expertise, and you will drive organisational initiatives related to innovation, including digital exploration, integration, and evolution.
Desired skills and expertise
A talented and engaging professional with international hospitality experience to join a dynamic, fast-growing business and take it to the top. You should have the proven ability to provide clear vision and exceptional leadership as well as experience developing a successful design business. This position requires strategic thinking, quick problem-solving skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, digital aptitude, and business acumen.
- You have at least 15 years of working experience in architecture or interior design, including 10 years of recent experience in high-end international hospitality design and at least 5 years of recent experience leading design in an international design studio.
- You have a strategic mindset and experience with business expansion, along with in-depth knowledge of key trends and industry standards in the hospitality design market sector.
- You are an engaging professional with honed experience in business development within the hospitality industry and a track record of reaching and influencing key decision-makers to build a portfolio of work.
- You have proven ability to manage client expectations and build on existing relationships for long-term partnerships and repeat business.
- You have an innate ability and desire to motivate and inspire collaboration and exceptional performance while grooming younger talent to achieve professional standards and individual excellence.
Please send your CV to email@example.com