Our client, a global technology company currently has an opening for a Regional Workplace Strategist for the Asia region.
Purpose: As part of the Global Workplace Strategies (GWS) team, this role is to provide regional strategic leadership for the Workplace Advantage Program in Asia for the Real Estate and Facilities (RE&F) department. This includes driving and/or consulting on all real estate workplace strategies and projects in Asia. It also includes Identify and prioritizing the development and refinement of needed global workplace programs, training and tools.
Reports to: Group Manager, Global Workplace Strategies, RE&F.
- Educate regional RE&F teams about Workplace Advantage, GWS’ mission and services and the tools available to support workplace strategies, policy, planning, and design
- Be proactive in identifying possible WPA projects (either by identifying business groups who are interested in implementing an alternative solution or by being aware of possible project s in the pipeline–based on HC growth needs, portfolio opportunity analysis, lease renewals, space efficiencies, etc.
- Partner with Area Portfolio Manager’s to actively engage with regional/area/country business/client managers to recommend and establish localized workplace strategies
- Engage with the project management/design/construction team on any workplace project to ensure the team understands the WPA mission and project process. Make sure the team(s) is aware of the tools and resources available to them. This may involve the participation in the selection of a design team (architect, interior designers, change management consultant or others).
- Responsible for space programming in all Asia (regional) projects. Involved in design review in projects and is responsible for final sign-off. Participates in furniture selection to ensure it meets the needs of the WPA program. Collects and provides feedback to GWS including workplace performance – lessons learned & case studies.
- Facilitates regional research engagements that may inform larger global programs and tools
- Guide GWS, in the localization of global workplace programs, training, and tools, by actively participating in the review and refinement of the programs and tools that are developed by the Center of Excellence team (COE).
- Responsible for pre and post occupancy evaluations and any required follow-up for each WPA project.
- Provide updates on the latest workplace technologies
- Direction to Regional Asset plans from Productivity perspective
With internal Clients
- Understand the businesses–and their unique business & cultural needs–in region.
- Proactively represent the benefits of the WPA program to the businesses through presentations, case studies, etc.
- Evangelize tools and promote their uniform use and practices/process – be a unifying force
- Lead and direct efforts to assess regional workplace needs, as requested/required
- Act as the engagement point of contact for all regional requests for workplace consulting support from external consultants as required.
- Share best practices across regions – e.g.: connect people who just dealt with an issue with those that are now facing it or advise on what’s worked/hasn’t elsewhere
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, communication & presentation skills
- Project and program management skills
- Strong process orientation
- Strong individual accountability and execution
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
Area Specific Skills
- Deep knowledge and passion about advanced workplace strategies, workplace planning, and real estate.
- Ability to evangelize, communicate and collaborate well at all levels of the company (CRM)
- Understanding of Asia & International, field environments (multiple is ideal)
Understanding of both large and small sites
- Real Estate workplace strategies support for both Sales organization and product group (R&D)
In addition to these broad program management skills this position requires a deep knowledge of core facilities management subject matter including:
- Space Planning
- Understanding of the development of area master plans and plans of record
- Workplace research and Industry trends
- Furniture sourcing strategies
- Change Management and communications strategies and execution
- Project approval models and strategies
- Architectural design
- Workplace Technologies
- As a global role, this job will require the selected employee to be willing to participate in calls with members of our Global RE&F team across the globe taking into account a range of time zone requirements. As a result the job will require participating in a number of regularly scheduled calls that will take place late at night or early in the morning.
- Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous strategic projects and/or large-scale cross-group initiatives, while having the ability to work independently and adhere to timelines and commitments in a multi-task, unstructured environment.
- The candidate should have the ability to represent the company at regional Industry events on a regular basis.
- This job will require between 25% and 40% travel globally.
PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- AutoCAD capability (not essential)
This position requires significant experience (10+ years) in Workplace Planning on a global basis.
Because this job is a part of our global center of excellence and is focused on global best practices, it can be based anywhere in the Asia.
- High School
- Associate’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.)
- Master’s Degree
Field of Study (if applicable): Architecture, Interior Design, Environmental Psychology,
Professional Training and Certification, MCR or CPM certification desirable but not required.
Cultural and language fluency – Bilingual or multilingual in English, and: Mandarin Chinese, Korean, or Japanese desirable, but not required.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org