A leading global investment bank currently have an urgent need for an experienced engineering professional.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Regional Engineering Manager is responsible for managing engineering services and related programs for Client locations in APAC, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, China, Taiwan, Japan, India, Philippines and Australia. The total managed portfolio is 1.9 million sq. ft. with 24 properties and over 9,500 users.
- Management of 1 direct (Hong Kong based) / 24 indirect (locally based) staff in the performance of engineering services and related programs.
- Ensure service delivery in accordance with a Service Level Agreement (SLA) between JLL and Client.
- Initiate and maintain a system to measure the quality of performance on a regular basis.
- Preparation of regional engineering service reports on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all engineering services and critical environments. Ensure compliance with all SOPs and related controls.
- Provide technical training, quality control and instruction to local JLL engineering service delivery teams.
- Subject matter expert for critical environments and general building engineering services.
- Provide emergency / non-emergency response support for engineering related incidents, including incident reporting, status updates, trouble shooting, root cause analysis and resolution to Client satisfaction.
- Client stakeholder management.
- Change agent responsible for driving engineering hard services initiatives and programs.
- Coordinate and engage with JLL Engineering Operations and Solutions (EOS) personnel as necessary.
Critical Environment Management (CEM)
- Comply with regional standard for CEM incorporating Client and JLL and local statutory requirements.
- Ensure all staff and vendors employed in critical facilities are properly trained and accredited. Ensure strict adherence to all working policies and procedures.
- Initiate and/or participate in site reviews including maintenance standards, equipment replacement, security, change control, single points of failure, adherence to Tier classification and operational risk.
- Ensure completion of, and compliance with, the CEM Audit process.
- Support service delivery teams on critical equipment maintenance and upkeep.
- Act as the point of escalation for critical failures and preventative actions to assist site technical teams to make safe, identify, analyse, rectify and report on improvements.
- Responsible for site engineering operations and management of critical environments
- Implement the regional standard for engineering operations incorporating Client, JLL and local statutory requirements.
- Management and supervision of Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) programs, maintenance and repair via vendor service contracts or JLL self-delivery.
- Review the maintenance/service scope of M&E Contractors to deliver quality work practices in line with manufacturer recommendations and JLL standards.
- Management and maintenance of as-built drawings and O&M manuals.
- Power down schedule management and related reporting.
- Support the implementation and management of Risk and Safety work practices to reduce any interruption to operations.
- Ensure completion of, and compliance with, the Ops AIDE Audit process. Work with Facility Managers to ensure all audit/inspection deficiencies have an appropriate action plan in place and are followed through. Provide advice on how to address deficiencies where necessary.
- Develop and provide training to on-site teams on engineering best practices.
- Management of parts inventory and life cycle management.
- Identify developments in international best practice and provide advice on localised implementation.
Health and Safety
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations on fire, health and safety standards.
- Ensure all safety procedures, including Crisis Management/ Business Continuity and Emergency Procedures are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that service delivery teams and on-site contractors undergo a Health and Safety Induction prior to deployment.
- Establish and manage engineering related budgets.
- Develop and implement innovation programs and processes that reduce engineering and utility
- related costs, increase productivity and result in savings.
- Support the JLL Energy and Sustainability Service (ESS) strategies to achieve measurable
- improvements in energy consumption.
- Assist in the completion of Client project works, including coordination with contractors/vendors.
- Provide 24/7 emergency call support and site attendance as required.
- Assist with continuous optimization, including processes, tools and documentation.
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreement targets established by the Client.
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- University degree in mechanical / electrical engineering or other related engineering discipline.
- 10 years plus experience in facilities management, critical engineering and/or building services.
- Ideally a professional qualification holder such as PE (USA), CEng (UK) or local equivalent.
- Excellent people skills and ability to interact with a wide range of client and vendor staff.
- Experience in CEM, continuous improvement initiatives, client communication and technical reports.
Please send your CV to email@example.com