Airport Authority Hong Kong
To cope with the corporate development plan, we have been retained by the Airport Authority Hong Kong to identify high caliber seasoned professionals to join their team of senior management/technical professionals within the Projects Division:
To enhanceHong Kong’s status as a major centre of international and regional aviation, the Airport Authority is committed to managing and operating a safe, secure and efficient international airport, providing passengers with top-notched customer services and a memorable airport experience.
The Projects Division actively contributes to the achievement of the Airport Authority’s corporate growth initiatives through the direct management of the development design and implementation of all capital works projects undertaken by the Airport Authority. Projects Division also has a role in the key growth projects of the Airport Authority’s business partners and franchisees to assist implementation, smooth interfaces with airport operations and ensure that the Airport Authority’s interests in such projects are protected. The current diversified workload of directly managed complex multidisciplinary projects includes: Master Plan 2030, Midfield Concourse Development, West Apron Development, Terminal Enhancements, airfield improvements, airport system enhancements, retail expansion, new aprons and aircraft stands.
Senior Manager Geotechnical / Senior Engineer Geotechnical
1) Senior Manager, Geotechnical
The successful candidate will report to the General Manager, Reclamation and assist in ensuring that the Authority’s medium and long term development projects are undertaken to best practice engineering standards. S/he will need a thorough knowledge geotechnics and in particular impacts anticipated for the land formation works for the airport expansion project. S/he will assist in the management of the design development of the land formation work and provide specialist input to the Environmental team in the process of EIA application. S/he will assist in the development of the implementation programme and phasing, preparation of cost estimate and providing appropriate specialist support during the implementation phase of the project.
The successful candidate should be a Chartered Engineer with a degree in civil engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 8 years’ post qualification experience. S/he shall have solid experience in Hong Kong’s large scale multi-disciplinary engineering projects with a substantial reclamation component. The candidate shall have excellent leadership, problem solving and communication skills.
2) Senior Engineer, Geotechnical
- Reporting to the Senior Geotechnical Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to ensuring that the Authority’s medium and long term development projects are undertaken to the best practice engineering standards. His responsibility will include:
- Responsible for effective and efficient project management of geotechnical engineering works, including overall project planning and monitoring of safety, quality and construction aspects of the land formation and associated geotechnical works;
- Assist to lead design consultants and construction contractors to ensure programme and budget requirements are met
- Ensure projects requirements are incorporated into detailed designs cost, works contract drawings and specifications effectively
- Proactively identify design and construction interface problems. Investigate alternatives with designers and contractors and liaise with project stakeholders to provide effective solutions
- Bachelor’s degree with professional qualification in Civil Engineering or other related disciplines
- Member of HKIE or other equivalent professional bodies
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience, of which minimum 6 years in project management role
- Proven experience in the management of reclamation planning, design and construction.
- Strong communication, analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent spoken and written English and Chinese. Knowledge of Putonghua preferred
Please send your CV to email@example.com