Leading International Design Firm – US$10-13K pm plus bonus
Our client is a dynamic and innovative design consultancy that specializes in workplace design. With relevant project experience in over 30 cities and 15 office locations in Australia, China, India, Thailand, Singapore and the United States, their mission is to be the No. 1 office design firm in Asia and to continue revolutionizing the delivery of design and build globally.
They are currently seeking a dynamic thought leader to be the Design Director (Hong Kong and Shanghai positions available). As the “Design Director you will be responsible for overall performance of the studio related to design, quality, client and financial metrics.
- Foster a culture of design excellence in the studio, setting high standards for design and delivery.
- Be responsible for project leadership and performance to achieve client, quality, and financial metrics.
- As part of the design leadership team, ensure the organisation has effective training programmes & mentor and motivate the design team to ensure performance and design excellence.
- Participate in business development pursuits and client pitches in the region and support in defining scope and fees
- Build client relationship management processes and tools that lead to improved organizational performance and Net Promoter Scores.
- Be actively involved in marketing for talent to build a strong and successful design organization with the appropriate talent capacity and expertise.
- Drive organizational initiatives related to innovation, including digital technology exploration, integration, and evolution.
- You have 15 or more years of experience and 10 years in a design leadership role within the Workplace Design sector. (essential)
- You have relevant work experience in design consultancies as well as design & build practices.
- An understanding of the economics of practice, with the ability to work with project budgets as well as fee budgets
- Significant talent in design, design development, and project leadership for Design Consultancy and Design & Build projects
- Demonstrated ability to foster creativity and a commitment to design excellence in your studio
- Ability to lead and manage the design group with a collaborative leadership style that puts value on relationships, both internal and external
- Ability to think strategically, implement change, enforce policy, and resolve conflict
- Thorough understanding of project work plans, schedules, staffing, and budgets
Demonstrated ability to execute projects profitably Proven ability to prioritize yourself and the work of others to meet deadlines and provide high-quality service to clients
- Proven ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with external clients and internal staff
Please send your CV to email@example.com